About the Provost's Leadership Academy
The Provost's Leadership Academy (PLA) is a one year program for invited first-year students to give them skills, networks, and opportunities for their leadership development and to connect to campus and community leaders. Participants in the PLA program includes a one-credit leadership class as well as a one-credit internship experience.
During the Fall semester, students will take an interactive one credit leadership course (one hour per week). This class is open only to students who are eligible for the Provost's Leadership Academy and is perfect for students in any major. The class will include the opportunity for students to:
- Learn about topics such as leadership styles, ethics, values, and vision.
- Develop professional skills such as communication, public speaking, etiquette, and networking.
- Create a resume, ePortfolio, and Leadership and Involvement Transcript.
- Hear from a series of speakers who are leaders on campus or in the Tucson community.
- Attend Behind-the-Scenes field trip to see leadership in action on our campus.
- Participate in the final Networking Reception.
In the Spring semester, students will participate in a 1-credit leadership internship on campus or in the community (4 hours per week).
- Internships are pre arranged through the program so students are guaranteed an internship
- Students can select from the pre arranged internships or can set one up on their own