Mission: To recognize individuals who consistently achieve high standards of excellence throughout the five celebrated phases of campus life. To bring people together who build and sustain strong leadership communities. To perpetuate lifelong relationships and commitment to Omicron Delta Kappa.
Vision: Campus leaders today, community leaders tomorrow.
Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK) is a Leadership Honorary for undergraduate students at the University of Arizona who are juniors or seniors ranked in the top 35% of their class for their school or college. The University of Arizona ODK Circle is committed to serving the campus community and recognizing the efforts of professionals and community members in their leadership and dedication to the University and its members.
- To bring together members of the faculty and student body of the institution on a basis of mutual interest and understanding.
- To recognize and encourage achievement in the Five Phases of Campus Life.
Five Phases of Campus Life:
- Campus or Community Service, Social and Religious Activities, and Campus Government
- Creative and Performing Arts
- Journalism, Speech and Mass Media
- Must be an undergraduate student with a junior or senior class standing.
- Must be ranked in the top 35% of their class.
- Must be involved in one of the following areas:
- Campus or Community Service
- Social Activities
- Religious Activities
- Campus Government
- Speech and the Mass Media
- Creative and Performing Arts
ODK Member Benefits include:
- A chance to network with other campus leaders
- Leadership development training and resources
- Career resources including access to a jobs board, internship opportunities, and mentoring platform
- Opportunities to explore career options through strategic alliances and partnerships
- The chance to serve your campus community
- An honor that speaks for itself—via the cords you wear at graduation or the three prestigious letters that appear on your resume
- Discounts and promotions on some of the products and services you use most
After college, ODK continues to deliver:
- An international network for alumni who are leaders in every industry
- Leadership training specifically for people at all points in their careers
- Career resources including opportunities to recruit, hire, and mentor currently enrolled OΔK members and recent graduates
- A national convention and drive-in workshops that allow you to steer the direction of the organization
- The chance to give back to collegians by serving as an OΔK circle coordinator or faculty adviser
- Leadership development opportunities in the form of board positions and national committees
- The Circle magazine
Once accepted, to remain an active member of ODK and receive the benefits of membership, including being able to receive an Honor Cord for Graduation, you must:
- Attend 50% of meetings for the semester (approximately 1 meeting per month)
- Attend 3 ODK sponsored events per semester (1 social, 1 service, 1 your choice)
- Complete 5 hours of community service per semester
When can I apply:
The Circle at the University of Arizona generally accepts applications at the beginning of every Fall semester.
For more information on Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK), please visit http://odk.org/.