The Edge is a professional development program brought to you by Career Services and Leadership Programs. It is designed to help give you the edge when seeking internships and jobs. Through self-assessment, professional development workshops, networking and action planning opportunities the Edge will help you develop the skills you need to get Real-World Ready.
What will I do:
- Participate in eight career and leadership development workshops to prepare you for future jobs and internships - $15 value that is free for program participants.
- Complete the StrengthsFinder Assessment (trademark) to determine your unique strengths.
- Participate in the Career Fair prepared to speak with employers.
- Develop an Action Plan to map out your ongoing engagement activities.
What will I get:
- Certificate of completion.
- Opportunity to build critical job readiness skills.
- Early exclusive access to employers at the Career Fair.
- Opportunity to network with employers at the Career Fair Diversity Mixer.
- Advice and support from leadership and career development professionals.
- Access to Career Services Peer Interns for supplemental support on resume writing, job search strategies, and interview preparation.
The Edge offers three sessions and will begin the week of February 1st and end the first week of April. Edge sessions are held in the Career Services Workshop Room and take place on the following days and times:
- Tuesdays - 12:30pm to 1:30pm (All Major Welcome)
- Tuesdays - 5pm to 6pm (STEM Major Only)
- Wednesdays - 12pm to 1pm (All Major Welcome)