Leadership Programs Mission: To build inclusive leaders who engage in initiatives that positively impact our ever-changing world by integrating service, learning, and leadership into all experiences.
Values in Leadership Programs: We value...
- Having a diversity of program offerings and having students tailor their involvement in our programs to meet the needs and interests of all students.
- Students’ role in planning, coordinating, and overseeing components of our leadership programs.
- The integrity of high standards and high accountability in our programs.
- Recognizing student achievements throughout their development.
- Our local community through service and partnerships.
- Leadership as a process for creating positive change in our world.
- The concept of making a difference/impact as a philosophy to be taught and lived through our leadership programs.
- Empowering students to engage in culturally competent leadership to create an inclusive and equitable world.
Assumptions About Leadership:
- Leadership is a process.
- Leadership is not positional.
- Students are responsible for creating their own experience.
- Everyone can learn from each other.
- Motivation is internal and comes from engaging with your passion.
- The ultimate outcome of leadership is to make a positive impact.